Saturday, September 8, 2007

English Teaching: New Regulations?

I do not teach language but many bloggers (English Teachers) in Taiwan share their experience and/or thoughts. A good blog on education especially in Taiwan is the one edited by Scott Sommers.

But even though it is not my field, I still could have some opinions.

On September 7th, I saw on Taiwan news that the MOE wants: "... students to tell eight jokes in English before they can graduate..."

More precisely: "... Regarding English, the ministry suggested that each student must be able to sing at least eight English songs and tell eight jokes as part of the graduation exam. Those who fail cannot graduate... "

I do not know what the professionals will say, but for me, it is not "8 jokes", it is a "full joke".

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

 
Copyright 2007 [R.F. VARGA]